The Holiday’s are a wonderful time of year! A chance to spend time with loved ones, exchange gifts, listen to Christmas music, and indulge in great food made with love.
But…the Holiday’s can also be stressful. Stores are jammed packed with last minute gift shoppers (myself included) and if you’re not organized, it can be very overwhelming. Here are some shopping tips that can make your life easier.
- Make a list of everyone you plan to buy a gift for. Also include ideas of gifts they may like and the maximum amount you’d like to spend for each person. This will help you stay within budget.
- Start early…and I mean before Thanksgiving! If you keep your eyes open all year round for gifts, once December comes around you may already have half your list crossed out.
- Not sure what to buy for someone? Try doing some research online. The Internet is so convenient that a quick search for a “gift for women” can provide you with tons of ideas. In addition, 9/10 there are reviews for a product, which can make it a lot easier for you to select the best gift.
- If you do start your Christmas shopping around Thanksgiving and you enjoy crowds and deals, then Black Friday is the day for you. Try http://www.blackfriday.org/ for a list of deals ahead of time.
- If you enjoy online shopping, then Cyber Monday is another great way to get some Christmas shopping out of the way. It takes place the Monday after Black Friday!
- Looking for free shipping? Then try http://www.freeshippingday.com! Sometimes procrastination pays off with free shipping!
- For all those creative folks, you are gifted with DIY. You could make everything from scarves to personalized tote bags!
- Lastly, plan an annual shopping retreat – a weekend where you purchase everyone’s gift followed by massages and dinner. Foreseeing a long day of shopping doesn’t sound so bad when you have pampering to look forward to!
I hope these tips were helpful to you! Let us know if you have any other ideas in the comment section. Happy Holidays!