Finally…the moment you’ve been waiting for! Business is going well and you have more than enough clients to keep you going. You have tons of innovative ideas and plans to take your business to the next level. However, you just realized something…you don’t have the time to execute any of them! You’ve accepted that you need some additional help and should probably outsource, but you have no idea where to start.
No worries, in this post we’ll go over ways you can figure out what to outsource.
This week, you’ve got some homework to do and it’s really important that you make time to do this. Not doing so could result in you:
- Hiring a virtual assistant that doesn’t meet your needs
- Missing business opportunities
- Doing non-revenue generating tasks
- Focusing on too many of the details when you need to focus on the big picture
So here’s what you need to do before you hire a Virtual Assistant…
Write down everything you currently do, then go back and categorize:
- Tasks that you HAVE to do
- Tasks you don’t really have the skills to do
- Tasks you simply don’t want to do
Luckily, we’ve created a form for you that includes these categories and a little extra 😉
After placing everything in a category, you should make notes and consider the following:
- What is your budget for an assistant?
- What availability do you need them to have?
- How would you prefer to communicate with your assistant?
- When would you prefer to make payments? (weekly, biweekly, etc.)
- Would you rather pay using cash, check, or debit/credit card?
- Do you want to hire a freelancer or a company?
Now that you know what to outsource, it’s time to:
- Create a job description
- Post the job
- Review your pool of applicants and select those who have what you’re looking for
- Set-up a phone, Skype, or in-person interview (they may refer to it as a consultation) and
- Hire based on who is the best fit for your company
The tips above will help you make a sound decision when selecting a virtual assistant. Our goal is to save you time and a future headache. Most people don’t hire a virtual assistant because they don’t know where to begin, but now you’re equipped to hit the ground running.
To discuss our virtual and personal assistant services, book a consultation below!