As a mortgage loan officer, you have a lot of responsibilities and wear many hats. Your role as an intermediary between mortgage borrowers and lenders requires a lot of behind-the-scenes work that many people don’t realize is even occurring. There are so many moving pieces involved in negotiating deals, ensuring everything is in compliance, and sharing your expertise. However, does everything have to be done by you? To properly scale your business, one of the first things you have to recognize is that you can’t do everything yourself. Your time should primarily be reserved for the things that only you can do, such as the core services in your business that lead to revenue generation. Therefore, if you’re ready to hand off some of your to-dos to someone else, consider a virtual assistant for mortgage brokers.
First, What Is A Virtual Assistant?
In a nutshell, a virtual assistant is a self-employed contractor who assists someone virtually. In the past, they primarily helped businesses with administrate tasks, but thanks to advances in technology, they can do so much more than that. Below, we’ll dive deeper into what VAs can do so you can start considering if a virtual assistant for mortgage brokers makes sense for you.
Virtual Assistants Can Do Administrative Tasks For Mortgage Brokers
Not surprisingly, as a mortgage broker, it is important to get all the details right when helping buyers secure their mortgages. Hundreds of details go into any successful deal, and mistakes in these details can be incredibly costly.
Lots of mortgage brokers do not have the time or energy to focus on these nitty-gritty details. This is where a skilled virtual assistant for mortgage brokers can be invaluable in minimizing the risk of mistakes. They can:
- Prepare documents, especially the required documents that need to be submitted for the loan application
- Organize digital files so that they are easily accessible
- Assist with calendar management and scheduling
- Collect all supporting documents to clear underwriting conditions
- Process and index electronically received files for underwriting
- Help with escrow hold-back tracking
- Manage the CRM (customer relationship management) to ensure all information is organized and up-to-date
Virtual Assistants Can Assist With Customer Support for Mortgage Loan Officers
A house is most people’s biggest investment. Therefore, not surprisingly, this purchase is loaded with stress, and many buyers (especially first-time ones) need significant support and hand-holding through the buying process. In addition, other stakeholders in the process may need certain information to close the deal.
These customer support tasks can eat up a mortgage broker’s time. Fortunately, the good news is that they are tasks that a great virtual assistant can pick up the slack on, developing trusting relationships with buyers, lenders, and more.
A virtual assistant for mortgage brokers can:
- Follow-up on email and voicemail messages
- Communicate with clients, real estate agents, lenders, and loan processors throughout the mortgage loan process
- Check emails and reply to them in a timely manner
- Let borrowers know about the status of their file
- Reach out to prospective customers who have inquired about your products and services
To properly carry out these tasks, it helps to have a virtual assistant who has some experience with the mortgage banking industry. The virtual assistants also need to know what they don’t know. If they don’t know the answer to a question, they need to feel comfortable getting input from their mortgage broker.
Virtual Assistants Can Tackle Social Media and Email Marketing Tasks
A quick scan through Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok shows that many of the most successful mortgage brokers use social media platforms to find buyers. Unfortunately, most mortgage brokers do not have the time or energy to pump out attention-getting content on a daily or even weekly basis. Even if they can carve out the time, they simply may lack skills in this area.
A good virtual assistant for mortgage brokers can help you build your online presence and more effectively market via email and social media. However, to do this well, the virtual assistant must:
- Understand the different social media platforms and the different audiences that they attract. A TikTok user looks different than a LinkedIn user
- Be creative and know how to draft compelling content
- Have enough knowledge about what mortgage brokers do so that the content is accurate
Some of the social media tasks a virtual assistant for mortgage loan officers can do include:
- Create a social media strategy
- Research trendy content
- Use Canva, Photoshop, or another tool to design graphics
- Schedule your content calendar
- Monitor the analytics and make adjustments as necessary
- Reply to comments and direct messages that come in
- And so much more!
Some of the email marketing tasks a virtual assistant for mortgage brokers can do include:
- They can help prepare the content by obtaining the copy, finding images, creating graphics, and more
- Schedule the content to send weekly, biweekly, monthly, or whatever frequency you choose
- Evaluate the results to check for the open rate, clickthrough rate, and more
- Upload email addresses and names
- Set-up automated emails
- Segment your subscribers
Virtual Assistants Can Provide Technical Assistance for Mortgage Loan Officers
The technical parts of being a mortgage broker can be incredibly time-consuming. These tasks also tend to be mundane and not exciting for many brokers. No one wants to be bored in the office. We want to do things that bring us joy. This is simply human nature.
A virtual assistant can step in and help you complete these less-than-fun tasks, such as:
- Tweaking your website and adding new content to it
- Setting up CRMs
- Assist with integrations that’ll help automate tasks
- Set up your course on a teaching platform
We Are Experts in Virtual Assisting
Since 2015, we’ve helped numerous entrepreneurs and busy professionals just like you. From solopreneurs who need assistance once a month to large companies that require support daily – we’re able to accommodate our client’s needs. We understand that delegating isn’t easy and are there to help you not only find the right VA but also help you co-manage them along your journey. With 8+ years of industry experience under our belts, we’re prepared to help mortgage loan officers scale their businesses and serve more clients.
Virtual Assistants For Mortgage Brokers Can Do A Lot – Book A Consultation
We’ve provided several examples of ways a virtual assistant can help a mortgage loan officer, but that’s just scratching the surface. The best way to find out how they can help you is by listing things you don’t like to do or aren’t good at and identifying tasks that have to be done but not necessarily by you. From there, you should schedule a consultation with me so I can help you hire a virtual assistant to help you with your scaling mortgage business.